Millions of tablet users use the Netflix Android app to access and watch their favorite movies and TV shows. You will be able to enjoy a number of classic movies and popular TV series if you have a membership subscription to Netflix, which means that Netflix is a must-have app for film lovers.
However, several Android tablet users recently reported that they are unable to access Netflix contents and they often ran into streaming issues when they are using the app on their tablet. If you were experiencing glitches with the app too, below is how to solve common Netflix app issues on Android devices.
In most cases, network connection issues are the major obstruction standing between you and your favorite Netflix contents. So, the first thing to do is to troubleshoot your connection and follow the below mentioned steps.
- Use a stable Wi-Fi connection instead of relying on mobile data. An unstable or slow network connection may lead to you a time out, which means that you will not be able to watch contents seamlessly.
- Ensure that the other devices connected to the Wi-Fi network are not hogging on the bandwidth.
- Restart your router and update the Netflix app.
As you are probably aware, the Netflix Android app lets you download your favorite TV shows and movies for later viewing. However, if you are unable to do so, ensure that you have enough storage space on your Android tablet. You could also save the downloaded file to your external memory card by following these set of steps.
- Open the Netflix app, and tap on the Menu Now click on App Settings and go to the Downloads section.
- Select Download Location under Downloads, and choose Switch to SD.
The most reported Netflix Android app issue is steaming issues and it affects almost every user at some point, because most of them fail to regularly update the app to its latest available version. However, if you are using an updated version of Netflix app and still experiencing issues, here is how you can deal with the issue.
- Open Settings in your Android tablet, and navigate to Application Manager or Apps.
- Find the Netflix app and select Options. Now tap on Clear Cache, followed by Clear Data.
- Restart your Android tablet and see if the issue is fixed.
If you are still experiencing issues with the Netflix app on your Android tablet, seek the help of a technician for further assistance.