In order to manually connect an Android tablet to the PC using the USB cable, you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in Android. The key function of the USB Debugging Mode is to make a connection between the Android device and the PC for file transfer via Android SDK, the software development suite designed to develop Android applications. In fact, you can enable the USB Debugging Mode even after connecting the tablet to the PC using a USB cable, but for that, you need to remove the screen lock first.
Below is how to enable USB Debugging Mode on locked Android devices using ‘Android Lock Screen Removal’ software. In case you forget the screen lock of the device, you need to remove the same in order to enable USB Debugging Mode in Android.
Steps to Remove Screen Lock
- Download and install Android Lock Screen Removal on your desktop PC or laptop.
- Open the software and choose the option Lock Screen Removal.
- Connect the Android tablet manually to the computer using the USB cable.
- Turn off the device and press the Power button, the Home button, as well as the Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Press the Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode.
- In the Download Mode, recovery package of Android Lock Screen Removal would get downloaded subsequently so wait for the completion of that.
Once the recovery package is downloaded, the software would continue to remove the screen lock you configured in the tablet. The process won’t remove the saved data in your device, but removes the PIN, password, or lock pattern, whichever is configured by you.
Steps to Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Navigate to Settings > About Tablet and tap on the Build Number up to seven times. Then, you will see a dialog box stating “You Are Now a Developer!”
- Navigate back to Settings > Developer Options and put a checkmark next to USB Debugging. Confirm the same by tapping on OK in the confirmation dialog box which appears subsequently on the device, and you are good to go.
Provided that you follow the steps carefully, you can now transfer the files in the tablet to the computer turning on the USB Debugging Mode.